The film industry seems to be ever-changing, as most everything seems to be. As an action-movie junkie, a lot of the new films being released are enjoyable for me, because of all the special effects. Realistic? Not necessarily, but, because movies are an escape from reality (for me anyways), they really don't have to be. All they have to do is entertain me and "take me away" from real life for a couple of hours. I'm not one to go to the theater, I wait until the film comes out on DVD and then buy it. I personally don't care for the theater for a couple of reasons. One of these is that there are so many rude people who talk on their cell phones during movies or text or just chat in general and don't seem to have any consideration for those who are trying to enjoy a movie. Another is the expense - I can buy a DVD and watch it as many times as I want for less than it costs to pay for three people to get into the movie theater! I haven't seen anything new lately, but am looking forward to a couple of movies, particularly 'Fast and Furious' and 'Transformers: Rise of the Fallen'. I'll be buying those two as soon as I can to watch in the comfort of my own living room, where you can hit the 'pause' button if you have to get up for a moment, so you don't miss anything!
I do think that film is still a viable art form, and some filmmakers are coming out with more reality-based movies that can grab your heart. I do think that some, but not all, movie theaters will survive our culture's growing interest in internet and television. For some families, going to the theater is a special treat, a family event, if you will. For others, the atmosphere of the theater with the giant screen and speakers makes the effect complete. Not my personal thing, but many people do enjoy that, and for those that do, they will continue to fork out tons of money to see films where they were intended to be seen - at the theater.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment